Fork is a celebration of unique, local, gourmet and breathtakingly tasty food and beverages served from mobile food vendors of all shapes and sizes.
Some of the features of Fork include:
- Fork showcases Adelaide’s Food Trucks, Vans, Pop-ups, Carts and Bikes all in one location, making the food itself the attraction and the event.
- It is a community event and as such is free.
- It takes the form of monthly events or festivals, held predominantly in the city.
- Offers the opportunity for young musicians and artists to perform.
- It’s about demonstrating how spaces can be used differently, in a way that’s people friendly.
- No Fork is the same. We try out different locations.
- Most of the time it includes an alcohol license with local small boutique wineries and brewers.
- It’s about helping entrepreneurs to trial new business ideas.
- We try different days of the week and different times, although weekends are the most common.
- Fork is often part of the Adelaide City Council’s Splash Adelaide project.
- The number of vendors varies between events, depending on availability and size of venue. Successful selection does not guarantee participation in every Fork on the Road.
- Pop-up stalls are welcome, particularly if you are starting out and working towards a truck, van, bike or cart.
- Social Media is integral to the promotion of Fork. Vendors are required to pay a fee to participate.
- Its about showing off the exciting happenings in Adelaide, the new businesses that are being created, and the burgeoning food culture that contributes to making Adelaide that little bit more unique, cool and lively.